Ronald Corp, OBE, SSC is a composer, conductor, and Anglican priest. He is founder and artistic director of the New London Orchestra (NLO) and the New London Children’s Choir. Ronald is musical director of The London Chorus, a position he took up in 1994, and is also musical director of Highgate Choral Society. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2012 New Year Honours for services to music.
He has worked with the BBC Singers, the BBC Concerto Orchestra and various orchestras in the United Kingdom and abroad. Among an extensive discography are his award-winning Hyperion discs of British Light Music Classics. His own compositions include four symphonies, two piano concertos, concertos for flute recorder and cello, three string quartets and a clarinet quintet. His choral works include large sacred cantatas (including And all the trumpets sounded) and shorter works for unaccompanied choir including Dover Beach, commissioned for the BBC Singers. He has written over one hundred songs and significant cycles include Fields of the Fallen and Letters from Lony as well as the scena The Yellow Wallpaper. His operas include The Ice Mountain (for children) and The Pelican.
His experience and expertise in choral directing are crystallised in the textbook The Choral Singer’s Companion, which is now in its third edition.
Ronald attended the Southern Theological Education and Training Scheme to prepare for the priesthood. He was ordained in the Church of England as a deacon in 1998 and a priest in 1999. From 1998 to 2002, he served as a non-stipendiary minister (NSM) of St Mary’s Church, Kilburn, London. From 2002 to 2007, he served as a NSM at St Mary’s Church, Hendon. Since 2007, he has served as a NSM at the Church of St Alban the Martyr, Holborn. He is a member of the Society of the Holy Cross (SSC).
- Year of birth: 1951
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Corp
Works by Ronald Corp
- Laudate Dominum
- Missa Brevis pro Baccalariuswith Christopher Batchelor (Composer), Paul Ayres (Composer), Jonathan Wikeley (Composer), Bernard Hughes (Composer), Janet Wheeler (Composer), Joshua Ballance (Composer), Richard Pantcheff (Composer), Sarah Cattley (Composer), Tim Ambler (Composer), David McGregor (Composer), Alastair Carey (Editor)
- Missa San Marco
- Never weather-beaten sail
- O sacrum convivium
- Preces and Responses
- The Ice Mountain
Festival performances of works by Ronald Corp
Festival commissionCall for Scores submissionWorld premiere
- “Blesséd Cecilia” on Friday 12 May 2023 at St Pancras Parish Church
- LFCCM @ Home Choral Eucharist on Friday 19 May 2023 (online stream/broadcast)
- Parish Eucharist on Sunday 13 May 2018 at St George’s, Hanover Square
- Sung Parish Mass on Sunday 13 May 2018 at St James Church, West Hampstead
- Choral Eucharist on Sunday 8 May 2011 at The King’s Chapel of the Savoy
- Concert on Friday 13 May 2011 at St Alban-the-Martyr, Holborn
Recorded performances of works by Ronald Corp
- Agnus Dei performed by The LFCCM Festival Singers / Emily Wenman Soprano / Graham Neal Tenor / Alastair Carey Conductor