Antonia Kesel graduated from the Royal Academy of Music with a First Class honours degree in 2015. Since then she has won many prizes as a chamber musician, including the St Martin-in-the Fields chamber music competition and the Malta International Music Competition, with her ensemble Phacelia Ensemble, a sextet that now regularly performs in both the UK and Germany.
Antonia is a passionate member of the London Mozart Players, playing as co-principal second violin as well as being a member of their education team. She also enjoys working as a freelance violinist in London playing for commercial recording sessions and for orchestras such as the Academy of St Martin in the Fields and Aurora Orchestra.
Antonia plays on a Francois Fent violin from Paris, circa 1780.
Works performed by Antonia Kesel
- Cavatina at Midnight Cecilia McDowall
- Colour of Blossoms Cecilia McDowall
- Everyday Wonders: The Girl from Aleppo Cecilia McDowall
- Night Flight Cecilia McDowall
- Standing as I do before God Cecilia McDowall
Festival performances by Antonia Kesel
- “Standing as I do before God”: Cecilia McDowall at 70 on Saturday 22 May 2021 at St Pancras Parish Church